Have you ever heard about the PPAP process? It is among the most popular procedures to certify product quality. After all, companies always want to offer the best to their customers. However, only a few people are aware of this approach.
What does PPAP mean?
PPAP is the abbreviation for Production Part Approval Process.
Learn about the PPAP process!
First, what is the PPAP process? It is an element that constitutes the industrial production chain. It seeks to improve the assembled parts by checking their quality before they arrive to the public. It focuses on monitoring the industrial chains and the engineering applied to them.
The PPAP bridges the public desires about the products and their assembly. However, what benefits does this process bring?
The PPAP process benefits
It is important to highlight the PPAP benefits to understand this process’s importance. After all, it has helped to achieve customer satisfaction in different companies. Among the advantages, we can mention the following:
● Notorious increase in quality compared to the previous batches. After all, it correlates customer demands and complaints with assembly.
● It is a clear commitment to reducing production costs in companies. Thanks to PPAP, companies may optimize industrial assembly and make it more profitable.
● Allows an accurate problem diagnosis in any industry.
● Manufacturing times are also reduced. After all, it is among the main customers’ demands.
As you can see, the benefits focus on the client and the company. It is about offering a better product and optimizing the entire production. It achieves cheaper and faster processes.
What are the PPAP process steps?
Certainly, quality control through PPAP is a standardized process. It implies that you should comply with certain rules to execute it. The next is the main stages involved.
● Planning: Everything related to a piece must surpass an evaluation. It includes both the production process and product description.
● Production: Part assembly should follow the established requirements. For this reason, a complete initial failure and problem diagnosis are essential.
● Post-production is the verification process by the client. If approved, the PPAP quality control concludes successfully.
The PPAP process phases seek to cover every production aspect. Thanks to these, it will be much easier to comply with the client’s demands. In addition, they adapt perfectly to any industrial category.
What does a PPAP achieve?
The general PPAP process report compresses some previously evaluated elements in clear information. Among these, we highlight the following:
- Part initial design description
- Detail failures and effects on parts
- Detailed flowchart with the obtained information
- Planning on the project control
- Previous production sample pieces
- Client requirements verification
- Tests and obtained results
- Laboratory report
- Engineering changes confirmation
In this last element, the client’s approval is mandatory. Only the latter can confirm that the changes have been successful.
Finally, it includes a presentation form for the client. The whole process is rigorous and requires a highly responsible and qualified agency. Therefore, we have the best option if you are interested in quality control for your company.
PPAP quality with AMN
AMN is the perfect ally for the PPAP process. They are an experienced and trustworthy company that has worked for many companies. They specialize in standardized and globally applied quality control processes.
Do you want to know more about AMN? You can research their services and how to access them on their website. In addition, you will also have their contact information at your disposal. Their customer service team is ready to assist you whenever you need it.