For the intelligent industry and 4.0, quality control with Machine Vision (MV) has become essential. This advanced technological tool makes it possible to easily identify and solve any irregularity, defect, or problem that may arise during the manufacturing process.
MV’s precision and efficiency in quality control ensure that production or post-production procedures are error-free. In other words, through quality control with Machine Vision, companies can verify that their products meet the required quality standards before selling. Please continue reading to discover all the details of its operation.
What is quality control with Machine Vision?
It refers to intertwining image processing and industrial automation to develop immediate, exact, cost-effective solutions in any manufacturing process.
By using Machine Vision to conduct the inspections of the products produced by the companies, the improvement of the precision in quality control will grow.
Its operation is based on advanced algorithms for image processing:
· Process all the data that comes from the cameras (and other types of sensors)
· Complicated arithmetic operations
· Identification of the key qualities of each object
Automating procedures will improve the efficiency of quality control with Machine Vision. Artificial vision will provide valuable information regarding the company’s activities.
Advantages of quality control with Machine Vision
Among the key advantages of MV solutions for quality management is the ability to perform massive analysis and interpret visual data. From this comes the importance of precision in quality control. Machine Vision’s role in ensuring product quality has become essential for manufacturing companies.
Benefits of Implementing Machine Vision in quality control
There are many benefits of using Machine Vision in quality control. The most relevant industries will be listed below:
· Productivity increase. It is because inspection processes with Machine Vision are highly accurate and very fast. Which helps to reduce production costs and the performance is higher.
· Reduction of human errors. With manual inspection, errors can be made when carrying out the quality classification of the products. On the contrary, automatic scanning detects defects quickly and effectively.
· Improvement of the quality of products. There may be defects in some artifacts that are not perceived by humans but are perceived by the machine. For this reason, inspecting them with MV can help improve the products themselves.
· Increasement of efficiency. Human labor can be used for other activities while MV oversees the inspection.
A machine with precise instructions on what to look for and notify will do the job quickly and without defects. Human labor could take longer and overlook certain faults, resulting in higher costs and time spent.
The impact of Machine Vision on the accuracy and effectiveness of Quality Control
When products are manufactured, on many occasions, companies already have a stipulated delivery time. Therefore, incurring delays or interrupting production due to a human labor problem will cause serious economic conflicts and customer relationships.
There will also be if many of your products are returned for defects. Consequently, MV has had a huge positive impact on the industries. Its precision and effectiveness in quality control have been proven, so its implementation in companies is becoming increasingly essential.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is quality control with Machine Vision?
Quality control with Machine Vision refers to intertwining image processing and industrial automation to develop immediate, exact, cost-effective solutions in any manufacturing process.
What is computer vision in machine-assisted quality control?
Computer vision in machine-assisted quality control is the set of technological tools that allow said machine to see and process the required information so that there is no failure in manufacturing the products.
What is machine vision inspection?
The operation of the inspections is based on powerful algorithms aimed at image processing. In this way, machines can:
· process all the data that comes from the cameras (and other types of sensors)
· do complicated arithmetic operations
· Identify the key qualities of each object
How to get these services
If you have made it this far, you already have a good idea of quality control with Machine Vision and all the benefits and advantages it brings to your company, such as reduced costs and inspection time, efficiency and precision in quality control, improvement of products, etc.
Digital technology tools are leading innovation in the modern era. And the reason is clear. They speed up any production or work. Therefore, not using them implies a delay and being left behind when competing with other companies.If you are looking for an expert ally in quality control with Machine Vision, you can count on AMN Quality Solutions. We are a leading company in quality control through different methods and technologies. Please don’t expose the reputation of your company or your products. Contact