Indeed, very few people have heard about how to eliminate lean waste. It is a procedure that contemplates the creation of more value instead of costs that do not generate any benefit for the company. It is a somewhat complicated concept that you will understand today.
There is a constant desire to obtain more profits within companies since this helps growth. The elimination of waste within these can be crucial to achieving this. That’s why today, we will learn everything about eliminating lean waste.
What is the methodology to eliminate Lean waste?
The elimination of waste in companies is a process that goes hand in hand with the lean methodology. That is an improvement in the effectiveness with which business is managed by focusing on the customer, and it is the basis on which the entire lean strategy stands.
8 Wastes of Lean: How to Optimize Resources
We must focus on the Lean methodology, so it is important to give examples of the seven wastes in a company. These are the ones that generate additional costs that do not allow a real benefit for the company. Let’s see some of them.
It is one of the most decisive because many companies carry out excessive transfers. These cover materials, finished products, and even personnel. If these transfers do not produce a profit or their logistics are not optimized. Finally, they become waste.
It refers to the actions carried out within a company. Both the movement of employees and machinery can generate problems of time wastage and even injuries.
Many companies seek to cover quantities of material and reserve products. While it is good to be cautious, there are also losses to having so much inventory.
It presents in the case of lost time while processes conclude within the company. In the same way, delivery times, transfers, and others can also generate waste.
It is a remarkable element in eliminating lean waste from overspending. When a job does not generate benefits, it is due to unnecessary expenses produced.
It occurs when the sale needs to exceed and when there is a lack of inventory control and sales statistics. It is a critical factor since other waste can start from here. The defects reflect on the products and services, leading to work repetition. There is wasted material, and more must be spent to produce within the company.
Waste of talent
One last element, known as the eighth, is the waste of talent, which may be one of the most important for the company. Since there is poor organization and constant destruction in other aspects, much of the human talent will consequently make useless efforts that, in many cases, can cause their separation from the company due to impotence, causing a poorly organized structure.
¿What strategies to reduce material waste can cover all these problems?
The truth is that the lean methodology contemplates different efficient procedures to achieve this goal, and it is required to understand them before starting with them.
How to reduce the 7+1 waste of Lean Manufacturing
We already know the problems that companies face, so how to avoid the waste of raw materials? The key is making the right decisions and attending to the most relevant points of the Lean Manufacturing strategy:
● Know the value the consumer is giving to your products. We know that each job by itself generates value, but this must be following the client. Eliminating lean waste is based on achieving maximum value in the eyes of the customer.
● Establish a map of the entire flow of expenses and work that leads to value generation. Are you missing out on profit? Do you know where in the value chain this is happening? From here, you can plan how to eliminate the seven wastes.
● Once we identify problems in the operational flow, it is time to create solutions. We will eliminate waste in companies, reducing any possibility of interruption.
● Go for the pull system, based on planning based on demand. Nothing necessary will manufacture and, in this way, overwork, described as waste, is avoided.
● Study the process and clarify the flaws that may be subject to improvement.
So, these are the bases that support the elimination of waste through Lean Manufacturing. However, you are probably wondering if there is proof that this is effective.
Lean Manufacturing Usage Examples
What better way to understand the effectiveness of this system than with examples of the seven wastes in a company and their solutions? Many have been corporations have been subject to these strategies. The results speak for themselves:
· Nike has applied strategies to reduce employee failures in domestic and foreign plants. By enhancing the worker role, the value of the product and the company rose considerably.
· Intel has focused on reducing the time it takes to manufacture microchips. However, that is why it has used Lean Manufacturing and precise quality controls. Thus, the elimination of waste has been possible.
· Toyota has been one of the pioneering companies in lean manufacturing, patenting its production system. They have managed to attack defects and waste, thus creating a very efficient production system.
We can see how important it is to reduce scrap in a company. By junk, we mean waste that reduces the company’s productivity. Hence, large corporations increasingly place more emphasis on these strategies.
Would you like to put into practice the strategies to reduce the waste of materials? We have a solution for you, and you are about to discover it.
AMN Quality Solutions is thinking about eliminating Lean waste
There is no better option when it comes to lean manufacturing and to eliminate lean waste. AMN Quality Solutions is the ally that will allow you to access the best technology and processes to avoid waste. We have a long history that has supported us for years.
Contact us and discover everything we have for you.