One of the most important roles in a factory is quality inspectors. They are those workers specialized in creating quality control plans, allowing the examination of the product.
They also have to make sure that the entire production plant is under quality and safety rules. In addition to making sure that everything is of excellent quality and generates well-being for the consumer.
Professionals in this field must meet several requirements and competencies to be able to fill the position.
Specific functions of a quality inspector
The objective of each inspector must focus on avoiding errors that cause damage. That is why they always seek to ensure that everything is under control and that everything is carried out under the security rules established in the company. Next, we break down the functions into three fundamental inspection stages:
- Inspection stage: consists of understanding the indications of the machinery to check if it fully performs all its functions.
- Production stage: this stage includes quality management, not only of the product. Also of the machinery, personnel and workplace. This process requires the full attention of the inspector, as well as security and trust, to avoid errors.
- Report stage: An inspection report is included here with each specification about the production process. This report is addressed to the production manager. There he will realize the problems found, if quality standards are being met, the number of defective products and machinery without service, in addition to the possible causes.
An inspector has a lot of responsibility, so he must be focused and attentive when doing his job.
Inspection: what is it and how to do it
Quality inspection has been explained above, but what is this process as such? The word inspection is an examination of products, elements and the workplace in general with two purposes: to maintain the quality of the product and to reduce possible risks of accidents with the machinery.
Now, to carry out an excellent inspection, it is necessary, first, to define the areas, aspects and criteria of said inspections. Also, the frequency and the objective of the same.
Second, the items to be tested must be identified. In this way, a list will be formed with those who present problems. Through these procedures, each business element of the plant will be verified.
Importance of quality control
Foremost, quality controls are those inspection processes that the company undergoes when measuring how much quality a product has. The latter in order to compare it with the relationships and rule out quality problems. This way you could act on the difference you get.
However, quality controls in companies are of great importance. It is because if they are executed exceptionally, customer satisfaction and good business performance are guaranteed.
Advantages of quality control
Having quality control means offering products that fully satisfy each customer. The advantages of quality control are many, among the most outstanding we can mention:
- Detailed monitoring of the company’s actions.
- Detection of problems in advance.
- Follow-up of the quality control processes that are carried out in the plant and of its inspections.
- Always seek to improve the quality of the product.
- It modifies the conditions that may exist in the production process.
It is what marks the success of a company. Therefore, it is essential that each person in charge of this work is trained to fulfill the role.
Systems used for quality control inspection
These systems work for the measurements of the certain characteristics of the product, in addition to the materials that were used. Quality inspection systems are carried out using specific measurement tools. The foregoing in order to confirm proper compliance with the requirements.
This type of process verifies products in batches. There are three types of inspection. We have inspection by:
- Sampling: it is based on the verification of the final quality of the products in batches. In this way, the time spent reviewing each article is reduced.
- Attribute: it consists of the verification of products or samples, but randomly. Here, they are classified according to whether or not they comply with what is specified.
- Variables: it is based on examining a measurement module with certain specific characteristics so that its variation can then be reviewed.
In general, all types of quality inspection are intended to confirm whether the system is working properly.
Benefits of having quality inspectors
Quality inspectors have very important services that each company must have in its production plants. They perform various tasks that greatly benefit the company. They include the verification and location of defects in products and throughout their process. Some benefits are:
- Better use of resources, increasing productivity.
- Obtaining greater profitability in the production units, which leads to a reduction in costs.
- By scrapping defective products, company losses are reduced, and quality gains are increased.
Good quality of the final product favors the success and reputation of the company.
If you are looking to outsource your quality processes so that your products meet the highest quality standards, AMN Quality Solutions offers a diverse range of quality services that you can implement in your processes and with them achieve maximum customer satisfaction. Customers do not wait any longer to start saving time and resources, AMN is the perfect ally.
Do you have more doubts about your quality services? Contact us, our team will always be willing to give you the best care